It’s never too late to start your spring cleaning. Whether that be selecting the best canister vac on the market or choosing a new set of cleaning tools to get the job done. There is no time like the present so let’s get into our top 10 list for a cleaner and more organized you.
Summer is nearly upon us, after all this snow that is. Time to break out the mops, vacuums, and dust pans and get your house ready with these 10 cleaning tips.
Top 10 Spring Cleaning Tips
- Buy a New Vacuum – Sometimes you need to splurge and spend big money to get your house as clean as possible. A vacuum picks up all the garbage and debris on the ground so it’s best to get everything and anything. You can find our top picks here.
- Windows – Cleaning the inside of your windows is a great idea. Now go outside and clean those as well. Quick tip from the specialist; clean the windows on a cloudy day so the sun doesn’t dry your cleaner before you can wipe it dry.
- Steel and Chrome – Polish your steel and chrome appliances with aerosol spray designed for steel. Be careful not to use too much as it can leave the surfaces worse and more grimy than before.
- The Fridge – Clean the inside and outside of your fridge. Take all your products off the shelves and wash them in soapy water. You may consider doing quarterly instead of annually. We all have kids who spill things like pickle juice or milk in the fridge.
- Hardwood Floors – Don’t clean them, no seriously. You may think you are cleaning them when you mop them but you are actually ruining them. You should only consider wet cleaning your hardwood every 2 months to avoid water damage.
- Oven – If you ever start to smell something burning inside your oven just from turning it on then you should clean the inside of the oven. A DIY solution is baking soda and vinegar, add a few drops to the bottom and then wipe it away with ease.
- Your closet – Consider going through your closet and looking at things you use and don’t use. Check your local area for places that accept clothing donations or opt to sell them online or thrift stores.
- Mattress – Grab your new vacuum and the attached hose (most now have these) and use the vacuum on your mattress. Grab some air freshener spray and apply some to your mattress.
- Granite Countertops – Consider having these sealed as soon as they are put in. It’s also never too late to have them sealed so don’t worry if you didn’t have it done when they were first installed.
- Kitchen Cabinets – You will be surprised how dirty these can actually become. Especially if you have cabinets near your oven hood where grease can attach to. Create a solution of water and soap or even special cabinet creme and wipe them clean.
These are some of our favorite tips for the spring cleaning season, or even months after. Consider these tips to create a cleaner more attractive household for you and your family. If you have a favorite cleaning tip, please share them with us in the comments below. If we like it enough they may even end up on this article!