Joints is a point where two or more bones of your body are connected. With the help of joints, it enables you to do certain actions such as bending, rotating, and twisting. Without joints, we’ll be like static human beings that stays only in one position.
Joints are cushioned between the cartilage and synovium to make sure that your bones do not rub together. The whole area is also lubricated with synovial fluid to make sure both bones and joints can move freely and easily. But unfortunately, as we grow older, combined with improper movement, posture, and carrying weight that’s too much makes the cartilage in our joints to wear and tear. When this happens and not taken care of early on, it will lead to arthritis.
So how do we keep our joints healthy and stable? Here are some tips below:
Watch Your Weight
- First things first, you must keep your weight at a reasonable number to help your joints. Joints are the ones holding your bones and at the same time your body weight. Joints such as your knees, hips, back, ankles, are the ones who bears the maximum percentage of your body weight. This is the reason why you feel pain in these areas when you become overweight.
Get Regular Exercises
- This connects to our point in number one. To keep your weight healthy, proper exercise should be done regularly. Not only it can help you stay fit and right, it can also help your heart rate stable too. Your joints will absolutely thank you later if you do some exercises. If you don’t know when and where to start, consult your personal gym trainer for exercises that can help keep your weight in check without damaging your joints. You can start by doing the best full body exercise in existence: swimming.
- If you’re a couch potato who tends to sit all day long in front of the TV, or an office person that spends the whole day sitting in front of the computer, then you should consider changing your sitting position from time to time to prevent improper posture that may lead to joint-related issues.
Build Those Muscles Up
- Strong muscles give support to your joints, so it’s important to build your muscles to keep them strong and healthy. Your joints will do more work than it should be if you don’t have strong muscles to begin with. This is why muscles are important because it acts like a life support for your joints.
Strengthen Your Core
- There’s more to abdominal muscles than making you look hot and sexy. The main purpose of abdominal muscles is to keep your body straight, which enables your spine to be straight too. If you have a weak core, your spine will probably pull your body behind which leads to improper posture.
Take the Right Supplements
- Taking the right supplements will also help your joints to be as healthy as possible. Nutrients such as Omega-3 fatty acids also known as fish oil, Curcuma, Longano extract, and Capsaicin are essential supplements for a healthier and stronger joints.