How to Select the Right Food Supplement for Your Body
Selecting the right supplement is easy as long as you have the knowledge to do so. But if you don’t, then this article is for you. Listed below are the Do’s and Don’ts for selecting the right supplement. So what are they? Let’s have a look!
- Do some research – If researching on your own isn’t enough, consult your pharmacist or health care provider and ask as much as you can about the products you’re considering. Make sure to ask what side effects it might give to your body too so you won’t have trouble later on.
- Check the label – Before grabbing that vitamin off the grocery shelf, make sure to look at its nutrition facts section and see what kinds of vitamin and minerals it contains. Depending on your diet, you may want to opt for one that contains a lot of vitamin C, E, and calcium.
- Buy wisely – Make sure to buy from a reputable manufacturer to avoid being scammed. You can ask for a recommendation from your pharmacist if you’re unsure what to get.
- Have patience – Don’t expect instant results if you just drank one pill. It might even take weeks or longer before the pill will show its effects.
- Pregnant? Here’s some tips – If you’re an expectant woman, have a trip to your nutrition specialist to get some recommendations before drinking supplements.
- Check the expiration date – Some people tend to ignore reading labels when they buy some items, and food supplements are no exception. Make sure to read the label and check for its expiration date before purchasing.
- Contact – If you have further questions about the supplement you just brought, contact the manufacturer and ask them about the product’s details.
- Be careful when taking one – Don’t take supplements that contains sugar, starch, corn, wheat, iron, dairy, salt, and any artificial flavorings. These are unnecessary ingredients that manufacturers tend to add to their supplements to make it more flavorful which can cause allergic reactions for some.
- Don’t mind the price – There are a lot of supplements in the market that comes in a variety of prices. Some are cheap, and some are expensive. Be wise to choose one that’s priced just right. A lot of supplements are so expensive because of the marketing it undergoes and not for the actual product itself.
- Be mindful of yourself – Stop taking supplements that shows signs of bad reaction to your body such as rashes or prolonged stomach aches.
- Listen to your health care provider – Don’t just randomly take supplements without consultation and supervision from your health specialist. You’ll probably ran into trouble if you do.
- Don’t overtake – Never ever take dosage that’s higher than the recommended dosage in the label unless if your health specialist told you to do so.